Software Testing News Mar 2023
As March nears its end, we’re looking back at some of the more interesting testing stories that emerged. ‘Software Testing News Mar 2023’ starts with an article on zero bug policies before including a new guide on mobile app testing. We then round things off with an update on global IT consulting company, Royal Cyber.
Read our software testing news round-up from February 2023.
The Ministry of Testing publish zero bug policy overview
On March 16th, Lewis Prescott shared his experience with a Zero Bug policy. Well worth a read, the piece outlines exactly what the policy is and the benefits it can bring. Here are some key takings:
- Bugs in software are classed as problems, errors, defects or faults
- These issues frequently cause testers to ‘switch gears’, thus leading to unpredictable timelines
- A zero bug policy aims to redefine what bugs are; in Prescott’s case, they are viewed as ‘live issues’
- This new definition is applied and then the ‘live issues’ are prioritised accordingly
- Through not recognising them as ‘bugs’, the ‘live issues’ lead to conversation rather than tickets being raised
- Conversations between developers and testers then typically strengthen relationships
Have you worked with a zero bug policy? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Software Testing Help release new mobile app testing guide
This weekend, Software Testing Help released a mobile app testing guide. For those of you faced with such a task, the guide includes a number of useful tips on:
- The best mobile testing tools to use
- Key Android app testing tools
- Mobile testing interview questions
Royal Cyber launch No Code Test Automation Platform
This week, EIN Presswire revealed that Royal Cyber has unveiled a new automated testing solution: GoTestPro. The solution is cloud-native and enables organisations to optimise their testing efforts through end-to-end automation. Capabilities including automation test creation, test execution, and reporting ultimately allow for a reduction in costs and an improvement in product quality.
‘Software Testing News Mar 2023’ aims to introduce you to some key titles in software testing and technology. The team at eTestware have a real passion for what they do and are always reading related material. We have provided outsourced software testing solutions since 2014 and are ready to help you if you need it.