Tips for driving more value from software testing
There are many advantages to be gained from using testing services. When done correctly, with efficient and effective test management strategies in place, you can certainly enhance business value. Today we provide some tips for driving more value from software testing.
What can testing services offer?
- Increased scheduling flexibility
- A variety of QA skill levels
- Access to various pieces of hardware
Testing services provide business value, but it is very important to know what types of testing you will need and how you intend to manage the testing.
You can choose to manage the QA testing yourself or you can let the service manage it, but whichever option you take, you should ensure that you track each of the following:
- Testing schedules
- Defect reporting
The question of how you will be receiving and processing the QA work is a critical one when it comes to achieving value, so the planning behind this is absolutely imperative.
Key questions to ask
- How will you communicate with the testing services team?
- Who will be the central contact point?
- Who will provide basic training?
- What test cases will you provide them with?
Test management planning is crucial, with good first steps to focus on being as follows:
- Decide on a communication tool (Skype, Google, GoTo Meeting)
- Select a contact list for the testing service team to use
- Decide on what types of testing you will undertake based upon the types of testing you need
- Plan the training process
- Update valid test case suites
Testing services teams offer huge advantages
- Automatic enhancement of load and performance testing
- Valuable regression testing
- A fresh interpretation of existing test cases
A wider variety of testers also expands business value by finding new defects and re-discovering defects that have already been reported. Contact us to speak with our software testing experts about more of the advantages you can expect to benefit from. They will also provide you with additional tips on gaining value from software testing.